The project is using an incompatible version (AGP) Android Gradle plugin. AGP Latest supported version error resolved
How to resolve this error of android studio project so you must know that : This error message is indicating that your Android project is currently using an incompatible version of the Android Gradle plugin (AGP), and it needs to be updated to a version that is compatible with your project.
To resolve this android studio gradle error, you can follow these steps:
- Open your project’s build.gradle file (located in the project’s root directory).
- Look for the dependencies section and find the line that includes the AGP. It should look something like this:
- Replace x.x.x like [7.4.0] with the latest version of the AGP that is compatible with your project. You can find the latest version by checking the Android Gradle plugin release notes or by searching for it on the Gradle Plugin Portal.
- After updating the AGP version, save the build.gradle file and sync your project with Gradle by clicking the “Sync Project with Gradle Files” button in Android Studio.
Once the project is synced, the error should be resolved and you should be able to build and run your project without any issues.
If you want to know about other then Here are the most common gradle issues List Below:
The project is using an incompatible version (AGP) Android Gradle plugin. AGP Latest supported version
- Gradle sync failed: This error occurs when there is a problem syncing your project with Gradle. It may be due to an incorrect Gradle version, a corrupted Gradle cache, or a missing dependency. You can try cleaning and rebuilding the project, updating Gradle, or checking for any missing dependencies.
- Could not resolve all dependencies: This error occurs when Gradle is unable to download or resolve dependencies for your project. It may be due to an incorrect repository URL, a network connection issue, or an outdated version of the dependency. You can try cleaning and rebuilding the project, updating the dependency, or checking the repository URL.
- Out of memory error: This error occurs when Gradle runs out of memory while building your project. It may be due to a large project size or an inefficient Gradle configuration. You can try increasing the heap size of Gradle by modifying the
gradle.propertiesfile or reducing the project size.
- Failed to create directory: This error occurs when Gradle is unable to create a directory required for building your project. It may be due to a permission issue or a corrupted file system. You can try granting necessary permissions, deleting the directory, or repairing the file system.
- Unsupported major.minor version: This error occurs when your project is compiled with a version of Java that is not supported by the current version of Android Studio. It may be due to an outdated Java version or an incompatible Gradle plugin version. You can try updating Java or Gradle to the latest version.
Note:- These are some of the common Android Studio Gradle issues. If you encounter any other issue, you can refer to the official Android Studio documentation or seek help from the Android Studio community.
For video lecture Subscribe Now : Sain Azeem YouTube!
More trending topics are listed below!
- Android Application Development Complete RoadMap. Make your first Mobile App.
- Android Interview Questions and Answers  Fresher and Experienced Developers